Language Test Tips and Guides
Share Send to friend
Language Test Tips and Guides for Applicants
Here are some of the tips that I can share with you for each part of the Language Test. Good luck!
I. Exam Part
Tips You Can Easily Implement
- Make sure that you read first the instructions carefully before filling out anything.
- After you’ve answered everything on any given page, go over the questions or instructions again and review your answers before proceeding to the next page.
- Read each phrase or statement at least twice before answering. This will familiarize your mind to identify what needs to be corrected.
- If it doesn’t sound right, most of the time it’s wrong. So try to read each phrase and statements orally and listen to it.
- Don’t rush, but also don’t take too much time on one question. Read each statement twice, if you’re still having a hard time answering the questions after you’ve read it, skip it first and just go back to it if you still have time.
- Here’s one of my favorites: watch an English movie or tv series first (without subtitles) before taking the exam. This will get you in the groove for conversing in English.
II. Phone Screening Test
- Make sure that your mouth is not so far from the microphone.
- Speak up. Don’t murmur and speak on your normal tone and voice.
- Don’t rush. Say every word in your normal speed, more slowly if needed, so you can articulate each word properly.
- Smile while you’re taking this part of the test. Imagine you’re only speaking to a friend. This will relieve the pressure off you and make you feel that you’re just having a normal conversation.